Food Processing Operations Tip – High-Speed Doors Maintain Food Integrity
Nergeco High-Speed Doors are a key component in consistent climate control and contamination management. It’s all about lean thinking; smart optimization and cutting waste.
Door Speed – Getting in and out quickly maximizes climate control
Climate must be maintained. You can chill out since our high-speed doors open and close in seconds, preserving cold air inside high-traffic areas. Keeping your refrigeration contained inside helps protect your product and operating budget… well, as long as your door moves fast enough!
Door Speed – Boosts effort to reduce contamination
Air flow and traffic movement will cause an amount of contaminants to move with the product as it moves through the operation chain.
Why risk more contamination? There are many practices to reduce contaminants to an acceptable level including selecting the right door. Minimal door exposure time and a tight seal deliver consistent climate control AND reduce debris. Door options are available for high to low contact risk.
Door Speed – Amplifies food safety
If a cold storage door is damaged, dented, or even misaligned causing gaps, the door will not be sealed properly. This can result in energy loss and threat to product quality.
High-speed doors are fast! Swift entrance and exits reduce the risk of damage to your doors and the roll-up design provides a tight seal.
- Opening: “just in time,” manual or automatic with all kinds of activator, at a speed up to 48 in/s based on curtain dimension
- Closing: “fast,” manual or automatic with an adjustable timer, at a speed up to 48 in/s
- Closed door: flexible curtain guarantees sealing with a leakage area inferior to 0.17 sq ft under a pressure up to 2.7 inWC
- At each cycle: the air exchange is limited due to soft bottom edge which allows just in time opening and fast closing with enhanced safety
Adapted For Intense Food Processes
- No mechanical welding needed
- Food grade curtain with sealed horizontal welds, smooth sturcture, water-repellent, non-corrosive, powerwashing and air-drying easy
- These latest generation materials offer performances superior to 316L stainless steel
- Free®, multiflexible® and reactive® soft bottom edge compresses in case of contact with an object and any change of its shape triggers the re-opening of door
- Automatic re-insertion in the guides after accidental shock
- Spare parts readily available from stock
Contact us at 800.442.3061 with any questions regarding operational efficiency or high-speed doors. We’re here to help!
Find the Right Solution
How can we help you solve your challenges? Reach out and someone will be in touch soon for more details.
Machinery, Pallet Rack, Shelving all stack up short without a solid barrier to safeguard them. Install a heavy-duty guardrail barrier system…
We were able to design and install a cost-effective and high-quality in-plant, pre-engineered office solution with air conditioning and guardrail…