W.W. Cannon Awarded MHEDA’s 2015 MVP (Most Valuable Partner)
W.W. Cannon, Inc. Receives MVP Award from Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA)
W.W. Cannon, Inc. material handling and storage solution distributor has been awarded the prestigious MVP (Most Valuable Partner) Status for 2015 in a program from the industry’s trade association, MHEDA. To be among the less than 6% of the association’s membership earning the award, W.W. Cannon, Inc. successfully demonstrated a commitment to business excellence, professionalism and good stewardship.
MVP status requires a company to provide evidence of their commitment to their partners in business including their customers, employees and suppliers. W.W. Cannon, Inc. satisfied criteria in the following important areas:
- Industry Relations – W.W. Cannon works for the good of the industry by supporting and promoting the material handling industry, MHEDA programs and conferences. Leaders and employees take an active role in volunteering for community service projects and supports ministry needs financially and practically.
- Customer Service & Safety Practices – We have a structured organizational safety manual program currently in use. We receive top customer service and sales awards from our manufacturers.
- Business Networking – Greg Brown is actively involved in industry related MHEDA Networking Groups to provide innovative solutions for his cusotmers. We are actively posting Case Studies, White Pages, and industry related articles on our Blog – “Bringing Order to Chaos.” We are creating new avenues of communication through our social media accounts: LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Continuing Education & Training – We attend dynamic educational webinars offered by MHEDA, and other related leaders throughout the year. Receiving the MHEDA Journal keeps us informed about new technology, and industry changes. Our company routinely attends MHEDA Conventions for the most up-to-date training tools and teaching in our industry.
- Business Best Practices – W.W. Cannon, Inc. participated in MHEDA’s 2014 DISC Survey and the 2014 employee compensation survey. W.W. Cannon, Inc. has had multiple articles published in the MHEDA Journal, such as the 2014 “Made in America.”
W.W. Cannon, Inc. achieved a 1.00 or Lower EMR (Experience Mod Rate for Safety Practices (EMR produced by National Council on Compensation – NCCI), Employee served on an OEM Dealer Council in 2014, We are PICS Audit Certified, and IsNetWorld Approved.
Greg Brown, president of W.W. Cannon states, “Receiving the MVP is very rewarding. The whole team had to work together to make this happen. Knowing that WW Cannon is worthy of such a quality award builds morale and shows customers and associates that we “mean business”. We are serious and dedicated to serving the customer and being a great place to work.
In today’s business environment it can be difficult to differentiate yourself from other companies that may have far less capability.
Having a quality control or excellence program on your resume speaks volumes. MHEDA is a top rate organization and having recognition from them says “we are above average in our industry.”
Customers are looking for any way they can to reduce risk. Seeing that they are doing business with a supplier that has taken the time to be involved in the MVP program reassures them that they are not doing business with just an average or below average vendor.
The MVP award says we are an actively participating member of MHEDA striving toward excellence in measurable actions.”
2014 MHEDA President Scott Hennie says, “Members of MHEDA represent the best companies in the industry. Recognition as a MHEDA MVP is an even greater endorsement to a company’s commitment to excellence and industry leadership. Working with a MHEDA MVP means that you are working with the ’Best of the Best’!”
Dallas, Texas based W.W. Cannon, Inc. is a material handling, and storage planning specialist since 1938 with a total of 16 employees and two additional branches (Houston and San Antonio).
MHEDA is the only national trade association dedicated solely to improving the proficiency of the independent material handling distributor. Representing close to 650 companies in the material handling industry, MHEDA provides services to companies seeking to improve their business through education, networking, benchmarking and best practices.
Contact us at 800.442.3061.
Find the Right Solution
How can we help you solve your challenges? Reach out and someone will be in touch soon for more details.
Our large manufacturing client needed secured access for their parts, tools and inventory. WireCrafters Style 840 Wire Mesh Partitions was…
Secured and locked wire enclosures provide crucial organization and essential security when they’re used to store equipment, parts and inventory.