Secured Storage for Controlled Substances - DEA Approved
WireCrafters Style 840 Partitions meets the requirement of the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) high-level physical security cages for controlled substances. Pharmaceutical companies, medical facilities, pharmacies, record storage, distribution centers, and drug warehouses will especially benefit from this drug storage application.
Since the drug industry requires a high level of security, WireCrafters has met the challenge by providing the following DEA special requirements for installation.
- Doors must be self-closing and self-locking
- Walls constructed of not less than No. 10 steel fabric with openings not more that 2.5″ across the square, mounted on steel posts set no more than 10′ apart, with horizontal reinforcement
- Walls shall be mounted to posts at least 1″ in diameter, lagged to the floor
- Shall have a ceiling of same materials, or erected to reach the structural ceiling of the building
- Panels mount flush to the floor
- Self closing, self locking doors.
- Wall and ceiling panels constructed of 10 gauge wire.
- Steel support posts 2” square.
- Posts have welded on base plates for lagging to the floor.
- Posts are set no more than 10’ apart.
- Walls have minimum 1 1/2” horizontal reinforcement at least every 60”.
- Standard mesh has 2” x 1” rectangular opening.
- Panels mount flush to floor.
- Heavy 3/8” hardware non-accessible from the exterior.
- Panels stack to any height.
- Clear spanned ceilings up to 35’ across.